1) In Central Admin, did a granular backup of the site collection, to a .bak file
2) In the new location, created a blank site collection
3) Ran the following powershell command:
4) And got the following error:
Restore-SPSite : The site collection could not be restored. If this problem persists, please make sure the content databases are available and have sufficient free space.
At line:1 char:15
+ restore-spsite <<<< -identity
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...dletRestoreSite:
SPCmdletRestoreSite) [Restore-SPSite], SPException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletRestoreSite
I tried an IISReset, but no joy.
1) In Central Admin -> Application Management, created new Content Database.
2) Re-ran the powershell script, with the -databasename switch.
This then seemed to work as expected.